This fully accredited PRINCE2® Foundation course covers all aspects of the PRINCE2® Project Management method. Using voice over and animation, the course is equivalent to the three-day workshop, but in an easy to use and convenient format.
PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Accredited by the British Government, PRINCE2 is widely recognised and used in the private and public sector, globally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
The course also includes support from an experienced PRINCE2 trainer. It is ideal for anyone looking to train in their own time, pace and location to suit them. It takes around 10–12 hours to complete.
Key Features of PRINCE2
- Focus on business justification.
- Defined organisation structure for the project management team.
- Product-based planning approach.
- Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages.
- Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
What are the benefits of studying PRINCE2 Foundation with digital learning?
- Save time and money – There are no travel and accommodation costs as you can study anywhere with an internet connection, and you won’t have to take time off work.
- Be prepared and confident for the exam – Test your knowledge in a fun, entertaining environment with the PRINCE2 Foundation exam revision tool.
- Enjoy yourself! – This PRINCE2 Foundation digital course is broken into bite-size lessons, combining leading edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention.
- Feel confident with full tutorial support – Benefit from fast access to experienced, one-to-one learning support as you study via email and phone, so there is no need to feel isolated while you are learning.
- Take your time – Study at your own pace by bookmarking your progress and picking up where you left off at a speed that suits you.
Who is the PRINCE2 Foundation course suitable for?
PRINCE2 Foundation is aimed at project managers, aspiring project managers and staff interacting with projects. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
Why PRINCE2 Foundation?
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the follow-on Practitioner qualification.
- Approximately 10 to 12 hours
- 18 PMP PDUs
- Purchase the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam and get certified. Valid for 12 months from purchase date, the exam can be taken online.
- The exam is purchased separately from the course.
- 70 questions
- Required pass rate: 50%
- Multiple choice
- Closed book
- 60-minute time limit
- 12 months online access to our accredited PRINCE2 Foundation course
- Full tutor support, plus many additional materials to help put PRINCE2 into practice
- PRINCE2 Foundation mock exam revision tool
- PRINCE2 Process Map
What’s Not Included
- The PRINCE2 manual
- The PRINCE2 Foundation online exam
Can I try PRINCE2 Foundation e-learning before I buy?
Our PRINCE2 Foundation online course demonstration will allow you to try out our e-learning software before you purchase. Click here to start the demo
By passing the Foundation exam, candidates should understand the structure and key terminology of the method. Specifically, the candidate should understand:
- The characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2.
- The purpose of the PRINCE2 roles, management products and themes.
- The PRINCE2 principles.
- The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes.
- Individuals looking to start a career in project management
- New inexperienced or experienced project staff
- Project team leaders and their staff
- Consultants/Contractors who need a fast, flexible training courses
- People who wish to progress up to Practitioner training
- The history, need for and benefits of PRINCE2
PRINCE2 Overview & Principles
- Key Elements of PRINCE2
- The PRINCE2 Manual
- Structure of a PRINCE2 Project
- The PRINCE2 Process Model
- Process and Sub-Process Summary
- Information Flow
- Process Model Walkthrough
PRINCE2 Themes: Part 1
- Business Case
PRINCE2 Themes: Part 2
- Example of a PRINCE2 project
- Printable PRINCE2 documents
PRINCE2 Exam Technique
- How to approach the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
- Mock Exam Simulator
- Featuring sample questions from the PRINCE2
- Foundation Examination
- The PRINCE2 Template Manager
- A comprehensive collection of document templates to kick-start your implementation of PRINCE2.